The Blackboard Jungle

days spent beating back the seeds of doubt

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Snowed under with work. Posts may be a little late in arriving at present.

I asked my immediate superior which of all the myriad 'dreadful urgent oh yeah, panic panic' assignments I'd been given was the most important. He gave me back a sheet of paper explaining that anything he gave me, or that his good name was reliant upon was more urgent than any assignment given by anyone else. Funny that.

I wandered out of my room, eyes bleary from assessing exams, coursework, student grades, etc (see, it never sounds so damn urgent when you phrase it like that, does it?) at half seven in the evening, ready to admit defeat to the boss. I couldn't even see straight any more, let alone get it all finished.

Weird. The place was empty.

So who's the mug? Weekend off for me, I think.